MR MDF vs FR MDF?
For most residential interior uses, including bathrooms, hallways, bedrooms, and kitchens, we recommend using MR MDF (Moisture Resistant MDF). If a fire rating is required for a commercial construction project, FR MDF (Fire Rated MDF) is typically used.
If you're uncertain which product is right for your specific needs, please don't hesitate to reach out to our knowledgeable team at Bord. We'd be happy to assist you in finding the best solution.
Installation Made Easy
Step 1: Planning
Consult the Surround by Laminex Installation and Fabrication Manual before application for detailed product instructions and a list of basic equipment required.
Step 2: Preparation
Preparing your surface is vital to the correct installation of Surround by Laminex panels. The Installation and Fabrication Manual provides instructions specific to your chosen environment and product.
Step 3: Installation
Connect panels together via a simple tongue and groove system, then fix to timber stud walls; steel framed walls; brick; block; masonry; or plaster surface. Some environments may benefit from professional (non-specialty) trades.
Step 4: Finishes
Surround by Laminex panels are ready-made and pre-primed – simply finish with your chosen paint colour. Refer to the Installation and Fabrication Manual for painting preparation.
- SURROUND BY LAMINEX™ Guide to Getting Started Download
- SURROUND BY LAMINEX™ Installation Guide Download
- SURROUND BY LAMINEX™ Technical Data Sheet Download
- SURROUND BY LAMINEX™ Safety Data Sheet Download
- SURROUND BY LAMINEX™ Product Warranty Download
- SURROUND BY LAMINEX™ Brochure Download
- SURROUND BY LAMINEX™ Fire Assessment Report Download